Sulthar Properties LLC is committed to Equal Housing Opportunity and we fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against persons because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, or age. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws. We offer our online application to anyone who would like to apply for one of our properties.
At Sulthar Properties, we believe in a thorough tenant screening process to ensure peace of mind for our property owners. The following list contains more information about each aspect of rental criteria that we require from our prospective tenants. Please click on each one to read over more detailed, additional information below. If you have any questions, please call us at 972-SULTHAR (972-785-8427).
What We Require:
Prospective tenants will need to provide the following to complete our application process:
- Copy of driver’s license or other valid government-issued picture ID
- 3 or more most recent pay stubs, with name and other relevant information clearly visible. Applicants’ combined gross income must be at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
- 3 or more most recent bank statements showing direct deposit information. Your name and other relevant information must be clearly visible.
- Two to five years of rental history including the name, address, and phone numbers of landlords with the dates of tenancy (sources must be professional -- family and friends do not count).
- If you are self-employed, your income must be verifiable through a CPA-prepared financial statement or most recent tax returns and bank statements.
- Non-refundable application fee ($60 per applicant)
You must provide a copy of a current and valid Government-issued Photo ID such as driver’s license, state ID or, passport.
Applicants will be asked to provide information on monthly income, and please note that we require that applicants’ combined gross income is at least three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
Applicants may combine incomes.
- Your income must be verifiable through 3 most recent pay stubs, employers, tax records, and/or bank statements.
- If you are self-employed, your income must be verifiable through a CPA-prepared financial statement or most recent tax returns and/or bank statements.
- Co-signers are not accepted.
Rental History or Home Ownership:
To complete this rental application, you must provide 2-5 years of rental history, including the name, address, and phone numbers of landlords with the dates of tenancy. Rental history must be verified from professional sources. If your only rental history is from a biased source such as family or friends, you have not fulfilled our required rental history requirements.
If you have less than 2 years of verifiable rental history, you may have to
pay 1 and a half of the deposit. If you owned rather than rented your home
during the previous 2-5 years, you will need to furnish mortgage company
references and/or proof of ownership or transfer from the past 2-5 years.
You will be automatically denied for any of the following reasons:
- You have been evicted within the last 5 years.
- You have broken a lease within the last 5 years (unless you have valid reasons with supporting documentation).
- You owe money to a previous landlord or apartment complex.
- Falsified landlord information.
- Excessive late payments
- Lease violations
We prefer applicants to have a FICO score of 500 or above. If your FICO
score is below 500, or if your credit report does not show a FICO score, or
you have insufficient credit lines or excessive collections, you may be
required to pay a higher deposit, or your application may be denied. We
consider other factors such as rental history and income, and such
applicants are reviewed on a case by case basis. For multi-family
properties, our credit requirements can be more flexible. If you filed for
bankruptcy within the last two years, your application will be
We conduct an authorized criminal background check on all applicants as a part of the application process.
We Do Not Rent To Any Person Required To Register As a Sex Offender
The following lists of offenses are examples of cause for automatic rejection:
Aggravated Assault, Arson, Burglary, Destruction of Property, Felony Conviction, Illegal Resident Status, Indecency with a Child, Kidnapping, Lewd Behavior, Manslaughter, Molestation, Murder, Organized Crime, Prostitution, Rape, Robbery, Sale/Manufacture of Drugs, Sex Crimes, Stalking/Harassment, Terrorism
Applicants should satisfy any concerns regarding crime statistics and sex offenders in any area where they might consider residing.
If you have been evicted from a property within the past five years, your application will receive an automatic rejection.
Please visit our Pet Criteria page for more information.
Sulthar Properties LLC charges a non-refundable application fee of $60. Once you submit the application, the application fee will not be refunded for any reason.
Once you are approved, you will be required to pay a $150 non-refundable administrative fee per lease in addition to the application fee and any deposits.
If you are represented by a real estate agent, we require the following:
- Your agent must contact CSS and show you the property; please do not contact Sulthar Properties LLC to arrange a showing; the property must be shown by your agent
- Upload a copy of your agent’s business card along with your application
- Please ask your agent to communicate with us directly. If you prefer us to contact you directly when we process your application, please notify both your agent and Sulthar Properties LLC
- Your agent must sign a “Broker-to-Broker agreement” (click here for an example)
- Your agent must send us a W-9 from their broker. Sulthar Properties LLC will only pay the agent’s broker, so the W-9 must be from the agent’s broker. (Click here to download a W-9)
Property Owner Approval:
The application criteria specified here is Sulthar Properties LLC's criteria. Ultimately, the property owners can make final decision to deny or approve an application based on their own screening criteria.
After Approval - What To Do?
Once you receive notice from Sulthar Properties LLC that your application has been approved, you must sign the lease and pay the following monies in either certified funds or via our online portal within 2 business days of notice from Sulthar Properties LLC:
- Non refundable pet fee
- Non-refundable administrative fee of $150
You will pay one full month’s rent upon move-in. If your lease does not start on the 1st of the month, you will still pay one full month’s rent upon move-in and pay prorated rent the following month.
The lease will be sent via DocuSign to all parties for review and signatures, and once the signing is complete, a copy will be sent to each party. Click here to a view an example of a lease, and click here to watch a quick video of a Texas Realtors Lease Video.
*** Please Note: Multiple applications can be taken for the same property. Tenant selection in such a case should it arise will be based not on the first application but on the best qualified application.
Q: Have you been evicted within the last 5 years?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if have been evicted within the last 5 years.
Q: Have you broken a lease within the last 5 years?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if broke the lease with in the last 5 years and still owe money to previous or current landlords.
Q: Have you ever failed to give proper notice when vacating a property?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if you failed to give proper notice when vacating the property and still owe money to previous or current landlords.
Q: Do you owe money to a previous landlord or apartment complex?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if you still owe money to previous or current landlords.
Q: Have you been late paying rent more than 3 times within a 12-month period?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if you were late paying rent more than 3 times within the last 12-month period.
Q: Have you had two or more NSF checks or NSF ACH transactions within the last 12 month period?
A: Your application will be automatically denied you had two or more NSF checks or NSF ACH transactions within the last 12 month period.
Q: Have you ever been convicted of a felony?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if you ever been convicted of a felony.
Q: Are you required to register as a sex offender?
A: Your application will be automatically denied if you required to register as a sex offender.
Q: Do you own any pets?
A: If you own any pets and your application is approved, you must pay any required pet deposits per pet and a monthly pet fee per pet. Please visit Pet Criteria for more information.
- Pet Fee - $350 non-refundable per pet (pet deposits may vary depending on the property).
- Monthly Pet Fee - $15 per pet
Q: Do you know your FICO score?
A: We prefer applicants to have a FICO score of 500 or above. Please see the CREDIT HISTORY section above for more info.
Q: How long can we hold a property for you?
A: Typically we can hold a property for a maximum of 14 days from approval of application, or when a property becomes vacant; whichever is later -- this is up to the property owner’s discretion. Rent will be charged beginning on the 15th day.
Examples of Reasons for Denial of Application -- if you:
These are merely examples of reasons for denial, but do not represent the full range of reasons for denial. Please contact our office if you have any questions: 972-SULTHAR (972-785-8427).
- Failed to give proper notice when vacating a property
- Have previous landlord(s) who would be unwilling to rent to you again for reasons pertaining to your behavior, or the behavior of your family members, guests, invitees, or pets; or others allowed on the property during tenancy
- If you owe money to a previous landlord, or have an unpaid collection filed against you by a Property Management Company or previous landlord
- Have had 3 or more late payments of rent within a 12-month period
- Have an eviction that has occurred within the past five years
- Have received a current 3-day notice to vacate
- Have had 2 or more NSF checks or NSF ACH transactions within the last 12 month period
- Have allowed person(s) not on the lease to reside on the premises in violation of the terms of your lease
- If an owner desires “No Smokers” on the property. Or failure to meet any other stated criteria
- Have a Criminal History
- Have a negative Rental History
- Have a negative credit history or excessive collections
- If you failed to provide accurate or complete information on your application